share
Printer-friendly versionSend by email

Current Size: 100%

Val-André

Built from scratch in 1880 by Charles Cotard, a colleague of the renowned engineer Ferdinand De Lesseps, the seaside resort of Val André became popular with the opening of the first hotels, boarding houses, casino and tennis courts. These establishments attracted the first bathing enthusiasts and encouraged members of high society to visit. From its heyday, Val André has retained a vast protected promenade running the length of the beach, with sumptuous seafront villas, unusual brick-built, pink sandstone and ochre shale houses adorned with balustrades, bow windows and elaborate white wood.

  • English
  • Français
  • Deutsch