share
Printer-friendly versionSend by email

Current Size: 100%

Pléneuf

 

Inhabited since Palaeolithic times, the market town of Pléneuf was founded in the 5th and 6th centuries by immigrants from Great Britain. The parish was first mentioned in 1330, and in the 15th century the Madeuc family built the Guémadeuc Chateau, which was destroyed in 1590 during the Wars of the Leagues of Augsburg. Established as a commune (administrative district) in 1790, in 1880 Pléneuf sold off part of its land for the construction of the seaside resort.

  • English
  • Français
  • Deutsch